[ntp:hackers] Dlink is abusing almost *ALL* stratum 1 servers :-(

todd glassey todd.glassey at worldnet.att.net
Sat Apr 8 18:35:13 UTC 2006

I have a proposal to resolve this issue and the creation of a trust by the
vendors to pay for this use since it clearly is something that is not going
to go away. Just wait until someone locally here in the US like Scientific
Atlanta or the other services, decide to program access to some the public
Stratum-1 systems into their firmware too.

we could see millions of clients magically appear when some city changed its
cable vendor... let alone the Internet's growth. So I am working on an
immediate proposal to create a trust to cover any damages and the trust
would be funded by those company's shipping NTP Clients as part of their sw
or systems packages. My take is that we can get this whole thing resolved
within a week or so.

Todd Glassey