[ntp:hackers] preliminary: not close to flying colors...

David Malone dwmalone=ntp at maths.tcd.ie
Sun Jan 1 01:46:08 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jan 01, 2006 at 01:51:37AM +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> Another stratum 2 was "DCFa" and as expected it flashed the leap bit only
> in the last hour before the event.

I've been recording the leap bits from all the stratum 1 and 2
servers who'll talk to me for the last few hours. I've graphed the
proportion at:

	http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~dwmalone/leap.png

The points are once per hour. The first 3 points are on the 30th,
and only a small proportion were signalling the leap second. There
was a big jump on the 31st, when we got up to 50% of stratum 1 and
70% of stratum 2. In the final hour this went to 80% and 70%
respectively.

Unfortuntely I missted a measurement in the hour immediately after
the leap second, but the proportion advertising the leap second is
down now. I'll keep monitoring until it drops down closer to zero
and post a cleaned up graph when things settle.

	David.