[ntp:hackers] preliminary: not close to flying colors...

David Malone dwmalone=ntp at maths.tcd.ie
Mon Jan 2 09:54:51 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jan 01, 2006 at 01:46:08AM +0000, David Malone wrote:
> Unfortuntely I missted a measurement in the hour immediately after
> the leap second, but the proportion advertising the leap second is
> down now. I'll keep monitoring until it drops down closer to zero
> and post a cleaned up graph when things settle.

So, it seems things are gradually settling. After the leap took
place it looks like more stratum 1 servers were unsynchronised than
usual. The number of people with the leap bits set is dropping, but
isn't quite zero yet. I'll keep updating the graphs at:

	http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~dwmalone/time/leap2005.html

I have the peers information from our local ntp server around the
leap. From glancing at it, it looks like a number of peers did the
wrong thing, but I'm not sure how best to plot the data.

	David.