[ntp:hackers] Re: NTP and leap-seconds

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Mon Jul 3 05:38:34 UTC 2006

David,

This is an interesting discussion. Consider the case where the NIST
advertises a DUT1 change or a DST update or a leapsecond change. This is
no a Byzantine agenda as the selection algorithm is designed to handle,
but an arbitrary bit decision. See the WWV/H driver for an excursion in
that direction. The algorithm is properly descirbed as
maximum-likelihood from a mathematical point of analysis. Are we
prepared to go to those extremes>

Dave