[ntp:hackers] alpha-dec-osf5.1 and mips-sgi-irix6.5 problems

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.isc.org
Wed Jul 19 09:16:38 UTC 2006

> > Can somebody help with a problem on alpha-dec-osf5.1 and mips-sgi-irix6.5?
>
> Alphas are 64 bits.  That might be confusing alignment assumptions.
>
> Pointers are 64 bits.  So are longs.
>
> I used to work on Alphas and understand that area, but it's been several
> years.

The only difference between layout.std and layout.here is the sizeof
struct info_if_stats is 140 bytes everywhere else, and on these two
platforms the structure is 144 bytes.

On both platforms the offset of the last structure member (a uchar) is
136 (as expected), so this seems to be a structure padding issue.