[ntp:hackers] Cool new stuff

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Jul 21 02:51:09 UTC 2006

Harlan,

I do not intend to drop any new code in ntp-dev, especially anything
that may change the configure scripts. I'll point to a directory with
the new stuff and provide a diff. It's very likely that something needs
to change in the way the code is put together in order to avoid messing
with the autoconfigure stuff, which for us is considered lethal. The
parser constructed by bison is inserted using an include file, which
seems ugly and should be replaced by a dedicated routine. There may be
other places like that that can be adapted to a more friendly fashion.

While changing the grammar is relatively easy, it requires some labor
intensive steps that could well be automated. Help from the autogurus
would be appreciated.

Dave