[ntp:hackers] Cool new stuff

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Jul 21 14:28:14 UTC 2006

Harlan,

I know this is an unpopular position with respect to ISC contributions,
but I really would like to avoid required code other than native to the
reference implementation. A good example is the openssl library, which
is very definitely optional. Anything that comes in from another source
should be optional as well. If not, this makes vendors such as Sun and
HP and Symmetricom mighty nervous.

Dave