[ntp:hackers] Cool new stuff

Frank Kardel kardel at ntp.org
Fri Jul 21 14:58:34 UTC 2006

David L. Mills wrote:

> Frank,
>
> The interface code is cool, but does it have to scan for changing
> loopback and refclock interfaces?

I am not certain what you mean. I scans the kernel interface list. That
includes the loopbacks, yes.
And those could change just as any other interfaces. Refclock interfaces
should not come in the as
refclocks bind to loopback interfaces and refclocks are peers. peers are
bound to interfaces just
as before but may now be re-bound or un-bound (peers marked dynamic).

Maybe you could give an example. Or we should wait until I increased the
debug level and made the
scan loop a higher debug level than the interface decision output.