[ntp:hackers] Cool new stuff

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Mon Jul 24 03:26:42 UTC 2006

Frank Kardel wrote:
>> In any case the excessive debug display screws up a per-minute
>> protocol watch. Lose the display
>
> that is not an option and you know that.
>
>> or move it up in the -d option.
>
> I am sorry that I messed up your debug display. Is is fixed now and
> Harlan pulled it into ntp-dev. If you want
> to see any significant output of network interaction wrt/ interfaces and
> addresses you need to specify debug levels of 3 and/or
> 4. Tell me if these levels still interfere with your debug display.
>
> Frank

Frank, what we really need is an option to turn off scanning when the
local IP addresses are static. Many systems have static addresses, it's
desktops, laptops, etc. which are likely to be using DHCP and their IP
addresses are constantly changing. Certainly all of the UDel machines
that Dave uses have static addresses so he certainly doesn't need it to
rescan the interfaces.