[ntp:hackers] Cool new stuff

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.isc.org
Mon Jul 24 05:21:01 UTC 2006

Dave,

> I must come clean and unbundle my soul. I'm very much afraid that ISC
> (or another party) might sneak some piece of code or library that will
> restrict the ability to distributed the code freely and to any party and
> for any purpose. And then discover that NTP will not run without that
> piece of code or library and it would be impractical to backtrack.

ISC can't sneak code in there.

You and I are the only ones who have access to the main repos.

I too am interested in keeping the code freely usable.

Yes, it is possible that some developer might (knowingly or not) get
some code in there that runs counter to this, but if that should happen
we can either back out that change, find a free alternative, or rewrite
the code.

So this begs the next question - do you mistrust me?