[ntp:hackers] NTP 4.2.3p7 Released

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Wed Jun 21 21:34:20 UTC 2006

> Todd Glassey raised the issue. I didn't include his message because he
> marked it private. He said the "new" I/O library was ISC and that it could
> come with strings. I have no way to verify that except to invite comment.

my comment is, there is neither fact nor value in those assertions.

> My comment about the bind consortium may be missplaced. I understood that
> if you want the latest bind, you have to join the consortium and cross
> palms with silver.

there's a BIND Forum where folks who are funding BIND development can see
unreleased snapshots.  (sort of like the old X Consortium.)  but at release
time, BIND is free-as-in-BSD.

note that ISC has granted free membership in the BIND Forum to every Linux
and BSD distributor who asked, and to several other nonprofits who asked.