[ntp:hackers] Re: configuration file rewrite

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Wed Mar 1 17:44:21 UTC 2006

David L. Mills wrote:
> Harlan,
>
> Your conclusion is completely unjustified. Do you think our agenda would
> result in loss of DNS capability? Darn, I never thought of that.
>
> Dave

Dave,

It turns out that there's some insanity in the code which is used to
return DNS results to the server. It should have absolutely NOTHING to
do with the configuration data, but apparently it does. This is
something that needs to get fixed and I have put it on my todo list.
Don't worry about this for the config rewrite.

Danny