[ntp:hackers] Re: configuration file rewrite

Hal Murray hmurray at suespammers.org
Thu Mar 2 06:46:00 UTC 2006

Speaking of configuration rewrite...

Is it on the wish-list to add a minimal (un)restrict entry so that a server
or peer specified in the config file will work correctly even if there is a
blanket restriction that would otherwise block replies?

Maybe the restrict keywords should be allowed on the server config lines with
an appropriate default so you can modify the free restrict line.  ???

I think this would solve the problem of can't-use-DNS unless it returns only
one IP address.