[ntp:hackers] Re: configuration file rewrite

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Fri Mar 3 03:44:44 UTC 2006

Hal Murray wrote:
> Speaking of configuration rewrite...
>
> Is it on the wish-list to add a minimal (un)restrict entry so that a server
> or peer specified in the config file will work correctly even if there is a
> blanket restriction that would otherwise block replies?
>
> Maybe the restrict keywords should be allowed on the server config lines with
> an appropriate default so you can modify the free restrict line.  ???
>
> I think this would solve the problem of can't-use-DNS unless it returns only
> one IP address.

I was planning to have any server/peer that was configured, whether as a
host/FQDN or as an IP address added to the list of allowed addresses
irrespective of the restrict settings unless that address is explicitly
denied. It makes no sense any other way. It has nothing to do with the
config file rewrite.