[ntp:hackers] Re: configuration file rewrite

todd glassey todd.glassey at worldnet.att.net
Fri Mar 3 06:36:53 UTC 2006

Isnt there a larger issue as to how the "peering policy" of an application
works when you have to factor in firewalling as well. There is a valid point
in that the FW itself determines connectability and the port of connection,
so why then does the application need the ability to rethink the connection
rules set therein, and at what expense, i.e. how much better would the NTP
service perform if this secuity or NTP policy of Service reliance and
peering if it left all connection sorting to the FW and system?

Todd