[ntp:hackers] post-4.2.1

Frank Kardel kardel at ntp.org
Tue Mar 14 07:11:33 UTC 2006

Harlan Stenn wrote:

>Folks,
>
>I know several folks have changes they want to see in ntp-dev after
>4.2.1 is released.
>
>I believe the GNU AutoGen stuff that Bruce Korb and I have been working
>on is ready to go - this will significantly clean up the options
>processing and open the door to making it Easy to create, maintain, and
>distribute certain bits of documentation (html, man pages, info pages,
>etc.) from a single "source".
>
>I think Frank (and Danny?) have the dynamic network interface code ready
>to go, correct?

Dynamic interface code is fine. It just needs to be integrated and catch
up with hte latest
changes to ntp_io.c.

>Are there any other significant bits of code that are going to go in
>after 4.2.1 has been released?
>
>We're going to need to agree on the order in which we apply these changes...

Any recommendations on sequence ?
    The major impact for dynamic interface changes is
    in ntp_io.c and some ntp_proto.c, ntp_request.c, ntpdc*.c (in about
that sequence)
    if I remember right.

Frank