[ntp:hackers] 4.2.1

John Hay jhay at meraka.csir.co.za
Wed Mar 15 06:17:18 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 05:28:24AM +0000, Harlan Stenn wrote:
> It will work as expected, we have tried to get this fixed several times
> since Dave removed that line and Dave has been insisting that the line
> should be removed.  We have not had effective communication on this
> point, as neither of us understands why the other has their position.

I have also been running with this patch to make the Oncore driver work. I
think the patch is fine. If a driver ask for a raw connection to its
device, that is what it should get, not something cooked a little. Maybe
we should try and turn it around and ask Dave what will break with that
patch or how a driver can get a really raw connection because
"refclock_open(device1, SPEED, LDISC_RAW)" doesn't do it anymore.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay at meraka.csir.co.za / jhay at FreeBSD.org