[ntp:hackers] Re: magnitudes for ntpq variables

todd glassey todd.glassey at worldnet.att.net
Thu Mar 30 18:21:34 UTC 2006

Whoa ... no point in going to war over something like a MANPAGE...

The answer here is Simple David - if someone in the group was willing to
produce a MANPAGE for NTP (and I am), and submit it to you for content
approval would you be willing to look at the manpage for each formal release
of your baby so that you can as the proud father, bless this textual image
of your/our Child?

I would propose three document formats - one in XML for the OASIS crowd and
the Mill's Source Doc, and a MANPAGE which I will supply the labor on
(scarry thought that - but I wrote the SOLAIRS MT Manauals for ZEUS - and
have managed the document releases as well as sw releases for several
Solaris Releases as a contractor to SUN so I am pretty comfy with this. I
would also propose the creation of a BCP for the use of NTP and that could
be filed formally on behalf of this group as a BCP submittal to the IETF.

T.