[ntp:hackers] Re: magnitudes for ntpq variables

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Mar 31 16:28:30 UTC 2006

Steve Kostecke wrote:
> "David J Taylor" said:
>
>> We've already seen this with the Wiki format for some of the NTP
>> documents, where an ill-defined, unfriendly and obscure user
>> interface is preventing all but a few folks from adding to the
>> knowledge base. And we spend more time arguing about that than it
>> would take to update the documents!
>
> I can't recall YOU ever contributing anything other than criticism of
> our efforts.

Steve,

I'm disappointed it comes across like that.  It's not through not wishing
to.  I recent tried the Wiki and found that it still didn't work with my
Web browser, so that means your tools are actually /preventing/ me from
contributing.

- I have contributed towards the development effort on Windows, in at
least two areas.

- I have contributed a lot to the newsgroup, helping people where I could.

- I have contributed multiple Web pages about NTP, how to monitor it, how
to build a GPS-based server.

You should apologise for your hasty and incorrect statement.

David