[ntp:hackers] Re: magnitudes for ntpq variables

Reg Clemens reg at dwf.com
Fri Mar 31 18:03:36 UTC 2006

Let me add my 2c worth.

The current HTML 'man pages' are nice, but for me, too cumbersome.
Perhaps in the direction of being  'real' documentation rather than being a
substitute
for man pages.

With a man page, I can type 'man ntpd' and I have the info on my screen.
I may have to page thru some text to find what I want, but it is there, now.

With the HTML, I have to first start up a browser.  Then I have to find a copy
of the NTP source. Then point the browser down into the html directory.  Check
and
see if there is an index file, and if so finally point at that.  Its just a
lot more work
when 'man ntpd' would have answered my question.  Besides, my question is
usually going to be about arguments, or files, and a man page is very good
about calling these things out.

Just my opinion.
--
                                        Reg.Clemens