[ntp:hackers] The Server true flag

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Mon May 1 15:36:51 UTC 2006

Dave,

Can you expand the explanation of the true flag on a server
configuration line. The confopt.html documentation doesn't mention it on
the server command line options (an error?) but there is a paragraph
documenting it.

The reason that this came up at all is that the ntpdc code does not
support this option and ntp_intres uses the mode 7 packets to set up
servers once it has obtained the IP address. Personally I think this is
a dangerous flag but there is a reason to support it. It we need to keep
it we may need to update the ntp_config code to support it.

What do you think?

Danny