[ntp:hackers] review of offset calculation in simple querying client

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Wed May 3 18:39:37 UTC 2006

hi mark,

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 06:34:24PM +0200, Mark Martinec wrote:
> Why are you subtracting rtdelay?

because i was wrong :) i'm not sure why i started doing that.

> The other thing that is fundamentally wrong is converting timestamps
> to double first, then doing arithmetic on them. This limits precision
> of the result to about 0.1 microsecond.

thanks for reminding me about this.  much earlier on i had made a mental
note of this which at a later point in time was forgotten.  i didn't do
anything at the time because i was still working on getting the bits to
add up to what they were supposed to.  but now that they do, i'll take
a look at doing that.

thanks,
	sean