[ntp:hackers] Asynch resolver

Brian Utterback brian.utterback at sun.com
Mon May 8 11:50:09 UTC 2006

Harlan Stenn wrote:
> Dave,
>
> tinker minclock 4 and minsane 4
>
> addresses what the algorithms want, yes?
>
> Brian was talking about "how many different A records do we pull from a
> name".
>
> You said that if somebody specifies the pool, we should take the 3 best
> servers.
>
> Are you saying that the code that selects N IPs from a name record
> should use the value of minclock or minsane to decide how many IPs to
> get?

Right, but I think that there are two numbers here, the maximum
we pull from a single name, and the target number that we will
end up keeping. My point is that in the end, we should end up with
4. Harlan's question still stands however, does the end result
depend on minclock, minsane, both or neither?

--
blu

Rose are #FF0000, Violets are #0000FF. All my base are belong to you.