[ntp:hackers] Asynch resolver

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Mon May 8 14:05:26 UTC 2006

Paul,

For everything we do here NIS must be supported.

I have nothing against pipedreams, just asked for advice and got heavy
duty advocacy. The temporary file was the solution adopted some twenty
years ago. It was necessary in order to hold association data prior to
resolving the IP address and mobilizing the association. The problem of
course is the forked process doesn't see the syntax tree in the heap; a
suggested remedy is shared memory, but I don't know how portable that is.

Dave