[ntp:hackers] use of DHCP to assign Time Servers....

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Mon Sep 4 23:10:49 UTC 2006

DHCP isn't hierarchical - it's a simple client<->server protocol.   So
there's no such thing as a DHCP root.   And generally speaking, vendor
extensions are used for non-standard protocols.

The DHC working group tends to be pretty responsive about getting things
done; if you have a need that you'd like to see filled, rather than
using vendor extensions I would urge you to just write up what you want
and get it into the standard, assuming that what you need isn't already
present.   I'd be happy to help you with this.

At this point I'm a little vague on what you want, though.