[ntp:hackers] Ntpd Processor Affinity

Ajit Aranha ajit_aranha at rocketmail.com
Tue Sep 5 09:27:27 UTC 2006

Hi,
  On Windows Ntpd calls SetProcessorAffinity and binds to a single CPU.
(NT_set_process_priority in win32_io.c)

Is this strictly necessary??

I have integrated ntpd into some source code of mine, and dont wish it
(the other code) to be bound to a single CPU.

Is it sufficient to have the ntpd thread bound to a single processor??

Also can someone let me know if the any processor affinity is set by
ntpd under linux and direct me to the appropriate part of the ntpd
code.
Regards,
Ajit