[ntp:hackers] ntp-dev changes

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.isc.org
Wed Jan 3 14:26:15 PST 2007

Folks,

I just committed changes to ~125 files in ntp-dev to remove support for
ansi2knr, and to get rid of the P((...)) prototype hacks.

ntp-dev now requires ANSI C.  Please note that I have not said which
version of ANSI C we require.

I would appreciate people checking over these changes to make sure
things still work.

I'd also like to get rid of any other pre-ANSI C stuff that is in there.

Examples include:

- bmove(), bcopy() (and friends)
- stdargs/varargs stuff
- ctype usage (K&R required isascii() to be true before calling most
  anything else in ctype)

I'm also hopefully just a day or few away from putting in the new config
file handling code.