[ntp:hackers] statsdir defaults to /var/NTP

Brian Utterback brian.utterback at sun.com
Mon Jun 11 06:39:21 PDT 2007

On Solaris we build with a default /var/ntp/ntp.drift for the
drift file and we also create a directory /var/ntp/ntpstats
for the stats files.

Dave, what all CAPS directories do you mean? The only ones I know
about are X11, X11R6 and TT_DB, all of which were mandated for
compatibility with other OS's.

Harlan Stenn wrote:
> Dave,
>
>> Safest is /var/spool/ntpstats, and that's what I use in most machints.
>> Only Sun uses all-caps directory names. Makes me shudder.
>
> So far nobody has suggested that I keep the current default.  I'll be
> sure to check with Brian.
>
> I suspect most folks will provide an explicit setting anyway, so our
> choice of default may not matter much.

blu

"When Congress started Daylight Savings Time earlier, did
they even consider what affect an extra hour of daylight
would have on global warming? Well, did they?"