[ntp:hackers] Non-monotonic time on NT

Peter Rosin peda at axentia.se
Mon May 7 11:56:53 PDT 2007

David J Taylor wrote:
> I'm not missing the point - I'm asking a question, which I
> don't believe you have yet answered.  I suggest that you test
> again with the MMtimer permanently enabled, and see if the
> problem remains.

I do not know if the MMtimer was disabled or not, but don't
think anything meddled with it. At least, I did not do it
intentionally to provoke the problem. How would I know if the
MMtimer is permanently enabled or not?

However, the above is of no consequence here, as the problem
stares at me when I'm reading the code. I don't want to be hit
by a bug, however seldom it rears its head. In fact, bugs that
trigger seldom is far worse in my book, as they tend to show at
the worst possible time but never when you actively look for them.

So, my answer is: of course the problem remains even if the
MMtimer is permanently enabled.

Cheers,
Peter