[ntp:hackers] Samba4 and NTP integration

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Tue Apr 1 22:55:34 UTC 2008

Luke wrote:
> I don't think this is anywhere near as important an issue as the fact
> that Kerberos itself requires time synchronization.

As do certain DNS operations.

There are chicken/egg issues here, we all probably know this.

And as the "use cases" for all of these different areas evolve, we find
more inter-dependencies and places where what "we" have been happy with
for a long time is not sufficient to properly meet "your" needs.

Then we get in to discussions like this one.