[ntp:hackers] Normative reference for MD5 authentication on NTPv3?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jun 24 23:01:03 UTC 2008

I've been trying (and failing) to get Microsoft to realise that their
'MS-SNTP' authentication extensions conflict with the MD5 authentication
(with static keys or with autokey) found in the NTP code.

However, I've had trouble convincing the poor brute tasked with fending
off my questions that a world exists outside Microsoft.  Is there a
document describing these extensions, as used in NTPv3, that I can point
them at?  They seem unable or unwilling to actually read code.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett
--
Andrew Bartlett