[ntp:hackers] 4.2.5p127 odd behaviour.

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Wed Sep 3 17:16:16 UTC 2008

Reg,

Please add Dave as a Cc: on things like this.  He is not on (does not
choose to be a subscribed member of) hackers.

> This is 4.2.5p127, running since early yesterday.
> There was a -3ms offset in the loopstats when it
> started up, and it has been oscillating ever since,
> starting with an amplitude of 35ms and SLOWLY
> decreasing.
>
> This is not good.
>
> A plot is attached of the current 24hr period.

I bet the email system scrubbed that attachment.  Could you please post
a URL to it, and if people think picture(?) attachments are generally OK
for the list we can ask the listmaster to allow them.

Personally, I'd rather have a URL to the plot than have it be in the
email, but that's really just my personal opinion/preference.