[ntp:hackers] odd behaviour (one more time)

Reg Clemens reg at dwf.com
Wed Sep 3 19:51:31 UTC 2008

[[ Im sending this message a second time, since the plot got
stripped off of it the first time around ]]

This is 4.2.5p127, running since early yesterday.
There was a -3ms offset in the loopstats when it
started up, and it has been oscillating ever since,
starting with an amplitude of 35ms and period of
3h20m (or so) with the amplitude SLOWLY decreasing.

This is not good, but I dont see how I could have caused it.

A plot of the current 24hr period is at

    <http://www.swcp.com:/~reg/offset.jpg>

Thoughts?
--