[ntp:hackers] 4.2.5p127 odd behaviour.

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Thu Sep 4 01:53:36 UTC 2008

Reg,

I am running p127 here on three machines at present. All three machine
have consistent and stable offsets well below the millisecond; however,
they wobble a few tens of microseconds following the air conditioner
cycles. Just to be ornery, I torqued one of them a few tens of
milleseconds off-track and restarted it. It behaved as expected - zero
crossing in about 3000 s with a few percent overshoot and slow return to
zero with no oscillatory behavior.

Harlan,

I regularly see mail from the hackers list. It's the bugs and questions
lists I prefer to opt out of.

Dave