[ntp:hackers] [Fwd: Re: Quote for No Product selected! fromHalDell (hdell at epodworks.net)]

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Sep 22 17:35:35 UTC 2008

TS Glassey wrote:
> [...]
[]
>> Eminently sensible suggestion to me, Martin.  Could also use .log as
>> the extension, or even .ntp_log.
>
> Only by assigning that extension to the TEXT EDITOR or WORDPAD one
> would think.
>
> Todd

Of course, Todd, but the actual extension doesn't matter.  The problem is
that 20080101, 20080102 etc. are /different/ extensions for what is
basically the same file.  For clarity, I would try and choose an extension
which bears a relation to the contents of the files, not simply use .txt
because it's a text file.  Assigning the extension to an editor is a
trivial, once-only process, and could even be included in the installer by
making ".ntp_log" point to "txt_file" (IIRC).

Cheers,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.eu
Email:  davidtaylor at writeme.com