[ntp:hackers] NTP Development Snapshot 4.2.5p163 Released

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 16:59:18 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 4:49 PM, Brian Utterback
<brian.utterback at sun.com> wrote:
> Okay, I see from the 164 announcement that the parse and true clocks
> are disabled. That would be a show stopper for me, so I guess I'll
> stick with 161. Thanks anyway.

That's not quite true, my mistake.  As you can see at
http://bugs.ntp.org/1152 I realized CLOCK_TRUETIME need not be
disabled because the call to pps_sample is under #ifdef CLOCK_PCL720
within refclock_true.c, which is only defined on BSD/OS and any other
systems which have a pcl720.h in the system headers.  Since the
motivation for disabling via configure.ac was to work around build
breaks in pogo flock-builds, I reverted the CLOCK_TRUETIME change from
configure.ac before it was integrated into p164, however I failed to
update the ChangeLog at the same time to remove the reference to
disabling true.  p164 disables only parse-based refclocks, which can
be restored by deleting 4 lines in configure.ac as described in a
comment.

Cheers,
Dave Hart