[ntp:hackers] NTP Development Snapshot 4.2.5p163 Released

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 16:35:31 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Brian Utterback
<brian.utterback at sun.com> wrote:
> I see that p164 has now been released. I am in the final approach to
> integrating NTP into OpenSolaris. I have been working with p161 and
> have been reluctant to update past that due to the pps_sample issues.
> Obviously I can't integrate something that cannot compile.
>
> So, question one, has this been resolved in p164? I know Dave Hart
> provided fixes to get the compile to work again, but do all of the
> refclocks work?

Not just yet.  p164 has both the workaround (disabling the parse
refclock driver) and the Dr. Mills changes that should allow Frank
Kardel to update refclock_parse to no longer call pps_sample but work
in the new design.  Depending on how close you are to that final
integration you might be best staying with p161.

> Question two. I know that Dave did some work on the PPS stuff. Does
> anybody have p164 running with PPS on a Solaris system, preferably 10
> or OpenSolaris. Perhaps something in the flock?

I have provided an updated include/timepps-Solaris.h for Dr. Mills to
review, and he has agreed to test it on a PPS rig of his.  The changes
deal only with code not exercised by ntpd, and are not yet committed.
Take a look at it yourself at

pogo:~hart/ntp-dev-ppsapi/include/timepps-Solaris.h

Cheers,
Dave Hart