[ntp:hackers] What happened to old sample checking?

Brian Utterback brian.utterback at sun.com
Mon Apr 27 12:37:24 UTC 2009

Some time ago, Dave added a check in clock_update such that is the
sample being used to update the clock was older than the last sample
used to update the clock, the older sample would be ignored. This
ensured that the samples applied to the clock would be in
chronological order.

Looking at clock_update recently, I see that this check is no longer
in place. It was there in p161 and is not there in p167.

So, I guess this is really a question for Dave. What happened? Was the
check moved somewhere else, or did you decide that it wasn't working
right, or that it was not the right thing to do?  I am just trying to
understand what happened.

--
blu

"Mark my words, nanotechnology is going to be huge!"