[ntp:hackers] 4.2.5p203 adds ntpq dumpcfg command

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 18:48:10 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Brian Utterback wrote:
> When I asked the question, I didn't understand that the file got written by
> the server. I thought it was written by ntpq.

Are you in agreement with Danny, then, that even if the functionality
requires authentication:

    (1) the output file not exist, and
    (2) the output file must be in a prearranged directory, and
    (3) we need special code for the directive to set that directory
to ensure it can only be configured in the startup ntp.conf, not via
ntpq :config/config-from-file?

I would like to settle these issues and commit the changes ASAP.
Everyone is invited to weigh in.

Cheers,
Dave Hart