[ntp:hackers] 4.2.5p203 adds ntpq dumpcfg command

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.org
Sat Aug 22 02:52:23 UTC 2009

Harlan Stenn wrote:
> Danny wrote:
>> Even within a root jail you are asking for trouble. The best solution
>> is to configure a write directory within the configuration file and
>> not allow that directory to be changed remotely.
>
> What is "remotely"?

I mean that you use a text editor to edit the config file rather than
use something like ntpq to change it.

Danny

> Only via localhost?  Only on a LAN?
>
> I agree this is a potential problem, and I'd like to get a useful
> determination on its resolution before 4.2.6 is finally released (which
> means we have about 4 weeks' time from after the RC cycle starts, and
> this will likely be as soon as the fix for bug 1243 is ready).

bug #983 is on it's way within the next few days. I just need to
reintegrate it. There are a couple of other bugs that need to get fixed
one of which is building on Windows.

believed to be clean.