[ntp:hackers] Leaner and Meaner ntpd

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Aug 29 14:04:14 UTC 2009

From: "Harlan Stenn" <stenn at ntp.og>
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2009 8:46 AM
To: <hackers at ntp.org>
Subject: [ntp:hackers] Leaner and Meaner ntpd

> Folks,
>
> Please see http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Dev/LeanerAndMeanerNtpd .

I tried to comment:

______________________________________
During save of Dev.LeanerAndMeanerNtpd an error was found by the version
control system. Please notify your NTP administrator.

RCS: failed to create file
/hog0/www/twiki/data/Dev/LeanerAndMeanerNtpd.lock: No space left on device

______________________________________

My comment was:

__________________________________
At compile time, as a general guidance, I am against anything which might
make it more difficult for developers to follow the code, and as memory is
generally no longer an issue today (at least, for something the size of
ntpd), I would avoid complicating the code by adding more conditional
defines etc.

At run-time, how does this make the installation any leaner?

David

Cheers,
David