[ntp:hackers] NTP Development Snapshot 4.2.5p208 Released

Brian Utterback brian.utterback at sun.com
Sun Aug 30 15:49:37 UTC 2009

I just confirmed it. This is a major mistake IMHO. Remember when the
idea was floated to not allow overwriting any existing files? Well,
this is not only overwriting an existing file, it also lets you do it
in fewer keystrokes!

I agree that the ability to change the persistent configuration of NTP
on the fly remotely may be useful in some circumstances, but in that
case there should be a "Really?", followed by "are you really really
sure?", etc.

--
blu

It's bad civic hygiene to build technologies that could someday be
used to facilitate a police state. - Bruce Schneier