[ntp:hackers] NTP Development Snapshot 4.2.5p208 Released

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Sun Aug 30 19:09:10 UTC 2009

I see two things going on here.

Some of these may be done already, I haven't looked.

First, if we are going to allow 'saveconfig dirpath' and it will use an
implied template for the config file name, we need a variable that holds
the filename template.  We also need to be able to get (and set) the
value of this template.  I would recommend that the initial value of
the filename be something other than 'ntp.conf'.

Second, the "include" thing - good catch, Brian.  Ideally, we need to
track the line number and "depth" at which each variable is set, and
emit them in the correct order.

I am inclined to suggest that  we should write out:

 includefile foo
 # directive 1
 # directive 2
 # includefile bar
 ## directive 1
 ## directive 2
 # directive 3
 directive ...

Thoughts?

If this should be on the support wiki, I'm happy to move it there.