[ntp:hackers] Protocol specification modification for MS-SNTP

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jul 9 08:17:55 UTC 2009

Dave Hart wrote:
[]
> With Harlan's help I've verified ntpd 4.2.5p186 compiled without
> #define WINTIME/--enable-wintime works for the "Internet Time" GUI in
> Windows XP.  http://davehart.net/ntp/win/x86/ has p186 binaries for
> Windows for anyone else interested.
[]
> Cheers,
> Dave Hart

Dave,

I have this version running correctly on three Windows XP systems.

On my Windows 2000 Server system I get an unknown software exception
0xC0000417 at location 0x00444D99.  I hope you can trace that.  I will
send an application event log privately so that you can see how far it got
before failing.

I haven't tested on Windows Vista or Windows-7 because of the as-yet
unresolved differences between 4.2.4 and 4.2.5 which make 4.2.5 such a
poor timekeeper on these OSes.

Cheers,
David
Web:  www.satsignal.eu