[ntp:hackers] Protocol specification modification for MS-SNTP

Todd Glassey tglassey at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 9 17:01:27 UTC 2009

David Malone wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 08:46:49AM -0700, Todd Glassey wrote:
>
>> binary one of a source one. FreeBSD is different and NTP for it is
>> supplied through the /usr/ports collection of applications and their
>> FreeBSD specific patches.
>>

> A version of ntpd is also shipped with the FreeBSD base system,
> which is usually less recent than the one in ports.

Right - it comes with the copy in /usr/sbin/ntpd but its generally old
and most people install and then do a binary update through freebsd-update.

By the way - I am building a 7.2 image for SPARC64 support under
freebsd-update since one doesnt exist and on the older sparc's the build
makeworld can take three days.

Todd