[ntp:hackers] Protocol specification modification for MS-SNTP

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.org
Sun Jul 12 02:21:50 UTC 2009

Martin Burnicki wrote:
> Similarly, the end user can decide whether he wants to have the Samba daemon
> running or not, and I don't believe he would be happy to recompile the NTP
> daemon just because Sambe shall be running but the NTP installation package
> comes with support for Samba authentication disabled.

Whether or not Samba is running locally or elsewhere is not relevant to
NTP. That's something that the adminstrator of the system needs to
decide for themselves. NTP cannot help here. Incidently, this is not
Samba authentication, it's MS-NTP authentication and it can be used for
Microsoft's Domain Controller.

believed to be clean.