[ntp:hackers] Samba's MS-NTP implementation

Olaf Fraczyk olaf at navi.pl
Mon Jul 13 10:46:46 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-07-12 at 22:49 -0400, Danny Mayer wrote:
> Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > On Sun, 2009-07-12 at 21:11 -0400, Danny Mayer wrote:
> >> This is so at variance with the NTP design requirements that I am
> >> recommending that we completely remove the Samba contribution from the
> >> 4.2.5 code at this time. If at some point in the future this can be done
> >> without involving a third system then it can be reconsidered.
> >
> > I'm confused.  What is the third system in this case?
> >
> > Andrew Bartlett
> >

> The Samba Server.

Is it only me that has a feeling that he lives in a different
reality? :)

This is about interaction between samba and ntpd. So a computer with
samba and ntpd installed can act as AD controller and provide signed
timestamp for windows users.
How do you want to do it without involving samba in ??? ;)

Regards,

Olaf

--
Olaf Frączyk <olaf at navi.pl>