[ntp:hackers] singly-linked list template macros for NTP

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Tue Jul 14 04:35:41 UTC 2009

Danny,

It may be a waste of your time to do this but Dave clearly doesn't
believe it is a waste of his time.

If you mean that you believe it is a waste of time for *anybody* to do
this, I'll ask you to please clearly state that it is your opinion
instead of making a blanket assertion.

Just to be clear, I gather one reason Dave is looking at this as there
are more than one linked-list implementations in the code, and this will
put all of them into a single place.  You also say that ntp_io.c
definitely needs 2bly-linked lists, and Dave says that he has identified
1 case where this is true, and that the other cases do not need linked
lists.

I also disagree with your assertion that it is more difficult to
add/remove items to the middle of a singly-linked list than a
doubly-linked list.  If one is using an API interface, there is no
difference (at that level).