[ntp:hackers] singly-linked list template macros for NTP

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.org
Tue Jul 14 12:21:16 UTC 2009

Dave Hart wrote:
> from the other perspective, the doubly-linked version is 32% bigger.
> I think that's out of the noise range and qualifies as both simpler
> and faster.

So let's do the maths. You've saved 74 bytes. Lets be generous and say
there are 1000 of these, we conclude that you've save 74Kbytes! None of
this means that it is either faster or simpler. They are unrelated.
Where does the simplicity come from? The only requirement is that the
code be easy to read and understand.

believed to be clean.