[ntp:hackers] Information needed in providing server's public key to client in secured NTPv4

Chandramohan, BA IN BLR SISL Chandramohan.ba at siemens.com
Thu Jul 30 09:01:03 UTC 2009

Hello All,

I have created an NTPv4 client/Server application for synchronization of PC time.
Now I'm adding security mechanism to have a secured NTP application.

I have a problem in the COOKIE exchange.

Client sends its public key and signature in COOKIE request.
Server verifies the client's signature, sends COOKIE and its signature to the client in COOKIE response
Now client has to verify server's signature and for this it needs server's public key. How is this information (server's public key) provided to the client?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Chandru.